There ____ was a writer remote,
She loved to _____ coffee,
And _____ microcopy,
Then ___ you to guess ____ she wrote.
Hi, I’m Jen. I write and design content for inclusive and fluid user experience. I work really well with design and engineering teams, and enjoy projects that require artistry and critical thinking. My degrees are in journalism and English, and my body of work strategically connects actions with words.
Over the past two decades, I’ve designed help systems and troubleshooting guides, built outreach tools and training materials, generated national headlines and viral conversations, created an online magazine and award-winning digital marketing campaigns, defined (and redefined) brands, and helped build (and rebuild) websites. No matter what shape my projects take, understanding the audience is always key.
If you’re interested in working with a goal-driven divergent thinker with a human-centered approach (to teamwork and improving your users’ experience), check out my resume and portfolio, and contact me.
Hiring minds want to know . . .
Assessments aren’t everything, but they do speak a common language for those tasked with drafting talent. And so, here are my top CliftonStrengths:
- Individualization – “People talented in the Individualization theme are intrigued with the unique qualities of each person. They have a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively.”
- Strategic – “People talented in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.”
- Ideation – “People talented in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.”
- Activator – “People talented in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action. They want to do things now rather than simply talk about them.”
- Self assurance – “People talented in the Self-Assurance theme feel confident in their ability to take risks and manage their own lives. They have an inner compass that gives them certainty in their decisions.”
I’m a hybrid EN(T/F)J with teaching and leadership experience — I ran an Agile marketing team for five years. At this point in my career, I’m more drawn to being curious than being in command. That said, I do enjoy a tightly run ship and a work environment that expects courtesy and encourages constructive feedback.
Think we’d be a good fit?